Auto Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Auto Insurance Customer Service Options
Self policy service any time of the day, directly from our website. To request a policy change on your account, click any of the following policy service options below.
Auto Insurance Information
Kansas City Auto Insurance
Also Serving St. Louis, Springfield, Wichita & other areas in Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma & Texas
There are more than 4 million drivers and 3.7 million passenger vehicles in Missouri alone, and every one of these needs car insurance. If you are looking for an affordable policy that will always keep you and your vehicle safe, come to Auto Insurance Discounters. Contact us at (816) 252-2255 to get a free quote on one of our top-rated policies.
Why Do I Need Car Insurance?
It costs an average of $37,000 to buy a new car in the U.S. In 2018, new vehicle sales totaled more than $1 trillion nationwide — $10.3 billion in Missouri alone. That shows just how much value travels with every driver in every car, every day. It doesn't matter if you have a new car, or an old faithful. You could lose money if you experience a wreck or other mishap. Car insurance can step in to help you cover your recovery costs, so that your wallet doesn't have to suffer a heavy blow.
Which Insurance Is Best For A New Car?
Auto insurance policies can contain numerous types of coverage, such as:
- Liability Insurance: If you cause a wreck, then you might have to pay for the damage you caused others. Liability policies can pay for another party's property damage and bodily injury costs.
- Collision Insurance: If you have a wreck, this coverage pays for your own car's repairs.
- Comprehensive Insurance: Hazards other than collisions (weather, floods, fires, theft, vandalism etc.) might damage your car. This coverage pays for such losses.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Insurance: Another driver might be at-fault for a wreck, but they might not have liability insurance. Un/under coverage can pay for your own losses instead.
- Medical Payments Coverage: If you get hurt in a wreck, coverage helps pay your medical bills.
Policies might also offer roadside assistance, rental car reimbursements and other perks. Speak to your agent about your exact coverage needs, and they can help you get the right policy.
How Do I Choose Car Insurance?
To get the right car insurance, first see if you are required to buy coverage:
- All the states where Auto Insurance Discounters offers policies require their drivers to carry minimum amounts of coverage. If you do not have coverage, you are violating the law.
- If you finance the vehicle, then the lender might require you to buy comprehensive, collision or other protection. They might also require you to carry certain deductibles on the policy.
- Some lenders require drivers to carry gap insurance. Many basic auto policies only pay cash value for a damaged car. This may not be enough money to pay off the loan. Gap insurance can then step in to help you pay off the rest of the loan.
Keep in mind, however, that you can increase your benefits past the requirements of any third party. It's best that you buy a policy that will insure the full value of your vehicle, especially with newer cars.
How Do I Get The Best Rates On Car Insurance?
Nationwide, car insurance policies cost an average of $1,500 per year. Insurers base policy costs on numerous risk factors that show how likely someone is to file a claim on their policy. Some of the risk factors insurers might consider are:
- The age and value of your car
- The number of accidents and violations reflected on your driving record
- The types of coverage, limits and deductibles within the policy you choose
- Your age (20-year-olds are usually riskier to insure than seasoned drivers)
- Your Credit Score
- Your history of past claims on other insurance policies, and any lapses in coverage
The more risks someone presents, the more they might have to pay. Still, your Auto Insurance Discounters agent is happy to help you compare numerous policy options and discount opportunities. We guarantee that you'll always get the most-appropriate rates for your chosen coverage.
Get Started Now
The sooner you get car insurance, the more financially-sound you will be. Call Auto Insurance Discounters at (816) 252-2255 or get an online quote. We're ready to help!