Kansas SR-22 Insurance
Kansas SR-22 laws cover a variety of circumstances. If you have questions about your SR-22 insurance and you’re a Kansas driver, then Auto Insurance Discounters is here to help.
Remember, Kansas SR-22 requirements will be different from other states, so always confirm that your SR-22 policy is still active if you move across state lines in the Kansas City area.
What is a Kansas SR-22?
The Kansas Drivers Control Bureau is now interpreting state SR-22 laws differently than in the past.
Kansas has three different SR-22 certificates.
- Operator’s Certificate: Covers a driver who does not own a vehicle.
- Owner’s Certificate: Covers financial responsibility for the owner of a vehicle.
- Operator-Owner’s Certificate: Covers all vehicles that are owned or not owned by the motorist.
What Qualifies as an SR-22 in Kansas?
In Kansas there are several cases where an individual is required to file an SR-22 certification:
- Failure to have insurance or meet insurance minimums required by Kansas.
- Any license suspension that results from failure to show proof of insurance.
- A person is convicted under Kansas’s “Habitual Violator Statute.” Habitual violations include insurance fraud, DUI, failure to stop at the scene of an accident, driving on a suspended license, failures to pay fines, felonies when a vehicle was used, and vehicular homicide.
- Failure to provide insurance because of an accident.
How Long Does SR-22 Insurance Last in Kansas?
The enforcement time of SR-22 insurance in Kansas has recently changed. A Kansas driver is required to carry continuous SR-22 coverage for a period of 12 months.
However, if a driver lets his or her insurance lapse for even one day, the SR-22 becomes inactive; it then must be held for a period of 12 months from the date proof of insurance is re-established.
What Does SR-22 Coverage Cost in Kansas?
You can use our online SR-22 Quote Form
for fast, easy access to a quote.
Remember, Kansas may require additional fees if you are trying to re-instate your driver’s license following a suspension. Those fees are paid separately of your auto insurance policy.
Auto Insurance Discounters
is here to help you understand the costs, liabilities and fine points of SR-22 insurance
. If you need Kansas SR-22 coverage, don’t delay! Call us today at (866) 288-6545